ATS Scope of Work
The purpose of accreditation is to determine competence of conformity assessment bodies to perform the following activities:
1) testing including medical laboratories;
4) certification of products;
5) certification of management systems;
6) certification of persons
7) proficiency testing.
Accreditation is voluntary in the Republic of Serbia unless made mandatory by sector-specific laws.
ATS performs accreditation in keeping with the following documents:
- Law on Accreditation (“Official Gazette of the RS”, No. 73/2010)
- Serbian standards transposing international or European harmonised standards, that contain general criteria or requirements that need to be met by conformity assessment bodies for certain types/fields of accreditation
- mandatory documents such as guides for the implementation of European and international standards, and guides in the field of accreditation and conformity assessment guides published by the EA, IAF and ILAC
- rules of accreditation.
Documents Containing Requirements to Be Met by Applicants for Accreditation and Accredited CABs are listed in ATS-UP01.
Conformity assessment bodies are under obligation to pay adequate accreditation fees in accordance with the signed contract stipulating mutual rights and obligations, and in accordance with the Charging Policy Document.