The annual meeting of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) was held in Vancouver, Canada, in the period between 10th and 20th October 2009.
For the first time representatives of the Republic of Serbia, Dejan Krnjaić, PhD, ATS Director, and Vida Živković, MSc, Director of the Directorate of Measures and Precious Metals, took part in this international event that is of utmost importance to accreditation.
During the 23rd IAF General Assembly (GA) 23 resolutions were adopted, whereas the following ones were the most important:
- IAF Resolution 2009-10 expanding IAF MLA and mutual recognition of accreditation as regards the certification of Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 17011, ISO/IEC 17021, ISO 27001 and ISO/IEC 27006.
- IAF Resolution 2009-11 expanding IAF MLA and mutual recognition of accreditation as regards the certification of Food Safety Management Systems in accordance with ISO/IEC 17011, ISO/IEC 17021, ISO 22000 and ISO/TC 22003.
During the 13th session of the General Assembly of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) 32 resolutions were adopted, whereas the following ones were the most important:
- ILAC Resolution GA 13.02 confirming that the Accreditation Board of Serbia was accepted as an ILAC associate member.
- ILAC Resolution GA 13.25 resolving the issue of accrediting Point of Care Testing (POCT) units in accordance with the two standards ISO 15189 and ISO 22870.
Joint ILAC/IAF General Assembly meeting was held during the annual Vancouver meeting and 8 joint resolutions were adopted. The following were the most important:
- JGA Vancouver Resolution 2 - IEC tackling the new model of assessment collaboration between ILAC, IAF and IEC.
- JGA Vancouver Resolution 6 - IEC tackling the future structure of ILAC and IAF.
During this meeting Mr Krnjaić had the opportunity to meet colleagues from the neighbouring countries’ ABs (from left to right Boštjan Godec, PhD, Slovenian Accreditation, Žarko Petrović, BATA, Dejan Krnjaić, ATS, Daniel Pierre, ILAC Chair, Ranko Nikolić, ATCG, Trpe Ristovski, IARM).
Dejan Krnjaic, PhD, ATS Director
Vida Živković, MSc, Director of the Directorate of Measures and Precious Metals and Daniel Pierre, ILAC Chair