9th Round Table was held as part of the regional PTB project activitiesInternational activities
In the period between17th and 18th June 2015, the Accreditation Body of Montenegro (ATCG) hosted in Dobra voda, Montenegro, as part of the activities of the regional PTB project entitled “Promotion of regional cooperation in South East Europe in the field of quality infrastructure”, an annual meeting and Round Table when AB representatives from SE Europe and PTB experts exchanged experiences. In addition to the ATCG representatives, the meeting was attended by the AB representatives from the region: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo*, FYR of Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey.
The purpose of the annual meeting was to present the results of performed PTB activities in the previous year, and to agree on the following activities, especially training-related activities. This was also an opportunity for the participants to learn about the EA policy relating to notification, testing as stand-alone activity and accreditation based on non-harmonised standards.
The following topics were discussed during the meeting:
- NAB relationship with national authorities (independence and financing, legal framework)
- participation of interested parties in NAB structure/operation
- cross-border accreditation and application of current EA policy in this field (with an emphasis on the assessment of CABs having locations outside the country of origin)
- Acceptance of conformity assessment reports issued by accredited CABs from other countries
- EA MLA peer assessments-related experience
- AB policy on assessors monitoring.
Ana Sinobad, Vladimir Milenković and Radivoje Nikoličić attended the annual meeting and Round Table on behalf of ATS.
⃰ This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and ICJ Advisory opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence
Participants of the 9th Round Table of ABs in South East Europe as part of the regional PTB project