First meeting of the new Accreditation CouncilCurrent events
At its first meeting the held on 1st June this year the Management Board appointed members of the new Accreditation Council in accordance with Article 12 of the Law on Accreditation, and Articles 28 and 29 of the Decision on Amendments to the Act on Establishment of the Accreditation Board of Serbia requiring the establishment of the ATS Accreditation Council as a technical advisory body of the ATS dealing with accreditation-related issues.
The Management Board reviewed 28 applications submitted by candidate members of the Council and selected and appointed the members since it previously defined the interested parties and criteria for the selection of members. They were selected and appointed on the basis of the ATS invitation to the said interested parties to submit proposals for the selection and appointment within a defined deadline.
The Accreditation Council was established at its first meeting held on 10th June 2011 and concluded that the following members were appointed:
- representatives of public administration bodies and holders of public authorisations: Jelena Popović MSc, Assistant Minister at the Ministry of Economy and Regional Development, Vida Živković MSc, Director of the Directorate of Measures and Precious Metals, and Slavoljub Stanojević, Head of the Department for the Registration of Veterinary Entities and Veterinary Services, Veterinary Directorate, Ministry of Agriculture, Trade, Forestry and Water Management;
- representatives of the manufacturers organisations at the proposal of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce: Slobodan Sotirov, Executive Quality Manager at “Tigar” Pirot;
- representatives of the consumer organisations at the proposal of the Belgrade Consumer Association: prof. dr Milan Baltić, professor at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Belgrade;
- representatives of companies, entrepreneurs, chambers, etc: Vidosava Džagić, Vice President of the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, and Aleksandar Petrović PhD, professor at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Belgrade at the proposal of the Serbian Association of Engineers and Technicians;
- representatives of faculties and institutes: Slobodan Petrović PhD, full professor at the Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade, and Ljubomir Stajić PhD, full professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Novi Sad;
- representatives of accredited CABs: Bogoljub Simonović, Director of joint stock company for quality testing “Kvalitet” Niš, and Predrag Popović PhD, Executive Manager of the Certification Body and Technical Manager of the Inspection Body at the Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Belgrade.
Furthermore, the Accreditation Council adopted its Rules of Procedure and the document entitled “Related Bodies Relationship Analysis”.
The Accreditation Council proposed to the Management Board to appoint Jelena Popović MSc, Assistant Minister at the Ministry of Economy and Regional Development, as the Chair of the Council.